Furlong Painting is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment for all operatives and members of the community.
Supported by industry professionals, Furlong Painting has developed processes and procedures to design, implement, monitor and review safe work methods. This includes a site specific job safety analysis for each project we undertake.
An Occupational Health and Safety Manual with clearly defined policies and processes is carried by each operative, along with Material Safety Data Sheets for products used on each site.
In addition, Furlong Painting strongly believes in actions supporting these policies, providing quarterly training for operatives covering areas such as :
- Worksafe requirements – legislation, compliance and injury
- Hazard Identification – Job Safety Analysis for all projects
- Quality control strategies
- Product developments and Material Safety Data
- Working at Heights – Including Elevated Work Platform Certification for all operatives
- Manual Handling
- First Aid
- Scaffold construction
- Environmental management - Zero waste to ground practices
Furlong Painting maintains a public liability insurance cover of $20,000,000 along with a Workcover policy for eligible operatives.